ScrollMagic is a jQuery plugin by Jan Paepke which lets you use the scrollbar to control the playback of website animations. With this plugin, you can create many magical scroll interactions such as:
- start an animation at a specific scroll position.
- synchronize an animation to the scrollbar movement.
- pin an element at a specific scroll position (sticky elements).
- pin an element for a limited amount of scroll progress (sticky elements).
- easily add a parallax effect to your website.
- create an inifinitely scrolling page (Ajax load of additional content).
- call functions when the user hits certain scroll positions or react in any other way to the current scroll position.
Nicholas Cerminara from scotch.io has created a good tutorial on how to create interactive scrolling websites using ScrollMagic. Hit the button below to learn more and take a look the cool demos at the ScrollMagic website.